How staff engagement activities are important for staff and organization ?
Posted by : Ankur on 16/11/2016 15:51:26
Business | on 16/11/2016 15:51:26
Staff Engagement is a workplace approach resulting in the right conditions for all members of an organization to give of their best each day. Staff engagement is about understanding one's role in an organization, and being sighted and energised on where it fits in the organization's purpose and objective. Staff engagement is about positive attitude and behaviour leading to improved business outcomes, in a way that they trigger and fortify one another.
- Involves staff in your business planning process.
- Creates a knowledge sharing system.
- Encourages knowledge sharing in a creative way.
- Encourages and provide learning opportunities.
Staff Engagement is the extent to which employees feel passionate about their jobs, are commited to the organization. Eideabox develops a survey to measure Staff engagement.
COMPONENTS OF EMPLOYEE -
- Engagement with the organization.
It measures how engaged employees are with the organization as a whole and by extension, how they feel about senior management.
- Engagement with "My Manager"
It is more specific measure of how employees feel about their direct supervisors.
- Strategic Alignment
It ensures that employee effort is focused in the right direction.
It is measured as a part of the staff survey using our "upward feedback" module or it can be measured via 360 Degree feedback.
TECHNIQUES TO IDENTIFY THE KEY DRIVERS OF ENGAGEMENT -
- Priority level - We look at the statistical patterns across all groups in your organization.
- Virtual focus groups - We ask targeted follow up questions at the end of the survey that ask employees to provide examples of problems as well as suggestions for how to improve.
HOW STAFF ENGAGE DRIVES GROWTH -
Staff engagement assessment is designed to uncover the things that really matter to staff engagement and business performance. Increased engagement leads to higher earnings per share.
- Companies with the average of 9.2 engaged empoyees for every actively disengaged empoyee in 2013-2014 experienced 147% higher EPS (Earning per share) compared with their competition in 2014-2015.
- Companies with an average of 2.6 engaged employees for every active disengaged employee, in contrast experienced 2% ower EPS (Earning per share) compared with their competition.
Staff engagement builds a diverse workplace. Diversity doesn't guarantee an inclusive culture. It is about whom we hire. Inclusiveness is about a work environment of involvement. Hiring practise aside an organization might try to work toward diversity from a numbers perspective but stil not have an environment that turns diversity into a competitive advantage for organization that builds the right environment.
Engagement and Inclusiveness are closely related. Engagement means engaging our employees in work so that we can gain more profit and Inclusiveness is also about a work environment of involvement.
STAFF ENGAGEMENT IS A KEY TO SUCCESS